CoRkErY Decoupled Cork N Rubber Turntable Platter Mat | 1/8" | Audiophile Anti-Static Slipmat | Made in USA 1/8" Decoupled
- Alternative platter mat with special sound characteristics. Composed of a 1/16" base layer with 1/16" spheres. Total thickness: 1/8".
- Designed and Crafted from a proprietary Cork N Rubber composite in USA
- Substitutes felt mats. Provides dampening of resonances from metal turntable platters
- Suitable for all turntables, Less noise: Avoids Static Load
- NO RISK PURCHASE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. Just try our products and if you dont absolutely love them let us know and we will refund your purchase price NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
Size:1/8" Decoupled Proudly manufactured and designed in America by Hudson Hi- Fi, CoRkErY provides an unparalleled Cork N Rubber slipmat alternative. How do turntable mats influence sound? The interaction between the record and the surface can be tracked very easily by the sensitivity of a cartridge. Felt mats provide contact between records and platter with the disadvantage of static. That means felt mats often collect a lot of dust which can be then transferred to the record. Also the damping ability is limited which can be a problem with metal platters. Thick rubber mats over damp the record and have an isolation effect leaving the static on the record and hearable noise clicks as a result. Leather and Cork are two different but very interesting options to upgrade sound quality. Resonances are damped more effectively than felt, they keep dust away and they have also enough contact to avoid static. What is better depends on taste and the actual platter design. Turntable mats can make vinyl sound clearer with greater separation and detail. Both cork and rubber are known to dampen and absorb unwanted vibration, Hudson Hi-Fi's CoRkErY composite cork/rubber mat works remarkably on turntables, particularly on steel and lightweight turntable platters, due to its highly non-resonant properties. Diameter: 11.375" just slightly smaller than a standard LP Thickness: 1/8".
Size: 1/8" Decoupled
Brand: Hudson Hi-Fi
- Item Weight: 5.3 ounces
- Package Dimensions: 14.1 x 11.9 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.3 ounces